Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Thunder Jacket /Shirt for Izzy

I never thought I would love a dog that is as destructive as Izzy, but I do.  She stole my heart from the moment I saw her cute little paws on Craigslist.

iz

How could I not fall for that cute little baby?  She has fit right in and become a huge part of our family.  She is always nearby.

iz6  iz5

She is pretty relaxed for the most part.

iz10

Until you make her mad.

Like the time I gave her a bath on vacation.

iz4

She was really mad that day.  But she really gets mad when you leave her at home.  I had to keep her in a kennel until I learned about the Thunder Jacket because she started chewing up plugged in cords.

IMG_1382-1

Because we want Izzy to hang around

iz7

and not get electrocuted or stay in a kennel all day we bought her the jacket. 

This is what she thinks of it.

iz8

When she sees me coming with it she runs and hides.  I feel bad that she doesn’t like it, but it keeps her safe and subdued. 

This is Izzy right before I put it on her.  Notice the ears are perky.

IMG_1357-1-2

Now check out her ears with her jacket on.

IMG_1358-1

Pitiful isn’t it?  All it does is wrap snuggly around her and it keeps her subdued.

IMG_1361-1

The first time I put it on her she didn’t move for at least 15 minutes.  It is crazy how it works. 

IMG_1367-1

It wraps around with velcro and feels kind of like a spandex t-shirt. 

IMG_1369-1-2

I ordered mine online, but someone told me Pet-Co carries them. 

She only has to wear it 2 days at the most during the week and a few hours here and there.  The other day I felt bad because I had to go to my son’s school after she wore it all day so I left her in the house without her jacket.  I came home and found a chewed Xbox headset, watch, flip flop and chapstick outside.  The things she has chewed in the past are my carpet, a chair, a coffee table, a computer cord, 3 lamp cords, shoes, glasses, trash, etc.  I can’t even remember it all. 

So we are grateful for the jacket even if Izzy is not. 

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails