Sunday, February 12, 2012

Industrial Lamp

I am painting and waxing away on my son’s room.  I hope to get it to a point where he can sleep in in tonight.  The labor is never as fun for me as the decorating.  I am excited to see if our industrial/vintage idea comes together.  I did get a lamp finished and ready for the room.  I love it. 

industriallamp8

I just stuck it in the front room for right now to get a shot of it. 

I had on old bronze candlestick lamp that I painted with my Krylon aluminum paint and black glaze. 

20120125-IMG_6620

I ordered my bulbs and a light cage at 100obulbs.com and it was a bronze color in the photo, but a yellow one arrived.  It is coated in a yellow rubber type material.

industriallamp7

The color really didn’t matter because I needed to paint it anyway.

industriallamp6

industriallamp5

industriallamp

We also got the new ceiling fan installed.  I had to paint the pulls because they came in light brown which looked weird with the silver ceiling fan.

ceilingfan

It looks better, but I am not a fan of compact fluorescent light bulbs and that is what is used in this fan.

ceilingfan2

Here’s the before fan.

IMG_3140 copy

I have most of the furniture painted and waxed.  I thought I disliked painting.  I think I dislike waxing more. 

IMG_3202

I do like painting with the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  It is fast and easy. 

Better go and get to it.  Lots to do before his bedtime tonight. 

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails