Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chest Redo For My Son’s Room

My husband grew up very poor.  When he was 7 yrs old, he had $20 and his mom told him he needed to buy himself a dresser.  He found an old chest at an estate sell and used the chest for many many years.  We still have it and I fixed it up for my son’s room. 

chestredoanniesloanchalkpaintgraphite6

I used Annie Sloan’s Chalk Paint in Graphite on it and waxed it with clear wax. 

chestredoanniesloanchalkpaintgraphite

I decorated it simply with a tool chest I found at Hobby Lobby, a light that is very functional and fashionable from Home Depot, a Coca Cola plastic bottle bank and a cool industrial looking mirror from TJ Maxx.

chestredoanniesloanchalkpaintgraphite2

The lamp cord shows on the left side of the dresser so  I bought a basket in the garden section of Target to store balls and to hide the cord.  I am painting the wood handle red soon. 

chestredoanniesloanchalkpaintgraphite5

I had to beg David to let me paint the dresser.  He is very sentimental but finally agreed.  It had a ugly finish on it that was done poorly.  Thank goodness for the chalk paint because it went right over it.

IMG_7342

IMG_7345

chestredoanniesloanchalkpaintgraphite7

My husband wasn’t feeling the dark gray paint at first.  He likes bright pretty colors, but he agrees now that it looks way better.  Even though the lion pulls are brass and not silver, I liked the look of them and they came with the dresser. 

I am getting closer to being finished with the room.  I was painting the closet this morning and Izzy came to watch me and snuggle in David’s bed.  She looked so cute I just had to share.

izzybed4 izzybed3

izzybed2 izzylovesbed

I just love her.  She makes my heart smile.

sig

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

Piece of Work @ Primitive and Proper

Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Repurpose-Remodel-Reveal @ The Rooster and The Hen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails