Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Burlap Lamp Shades From Target

A few weeks ago I changed out some lamp shades to burlap shades I found at Target.  They were very reasonable and I liked the tan color of them.  You already saw one of them when I posted about my side table that you can read here. 

I have a floor lamp and the burlap shade really looks good with it.

den4

Have you ever wondered what this wall looks like when the photo isn’t cropped? 

den3

Not much of a wall huh?  But you can see all that trim I need to paint.  I finally read how I am going to change up those beams without sanding them.  This will happen in 2012 if it kills me. 

Here’s the entire floor lamp.  I promise everything doesn’t look as junky in person as it does in this photo.

IMG_6337 copy

I also added a lamp with a new shade to my sofa table.

den1

You can see both lamps in this next photo.

den2

A close up of the lamp and my dust.  Would you believe me if I told you I dusted just 2 days ago? 

den6

The shade is really darker, but the sunlight is making it look lighter.

Here’s my lamp on the side table I redid a few weeks ago.

den5

I like the cohesiveness of all the same lamp shades in my family room and the nice glow that is let off when the light is turned on.

IMG_6355

The texture really shows through the light. 

I will be starting on my son’s room soon.  I have been spending money on things that will look terrible if we don’t paint in there so it looks like lots of painting is in my future.  Maybe I will even get to that trim and those beams in the family room sooner than later. 

sig

Linking to

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails