Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Stockings That Were Almost Not Hung

Years ago I made stockings for my family.  I swore I would never make them again.  I lied.  We added our dog Izzy to our family so I needed 5 stockings instead of 4, plus I was going with muted tones in my family room this year and I wanted the stockings to match. 

I began sewing them a few weeks ago and they sat and sat.  I was fine with it and was gonna just let the stocking thing not happen this year, but my son said it’s not Christmas without stockings.  I spent some time today on Christmas Eve finishing them up. 

I made 2 boy ones for my son and husband.

IMG_5406

IMG_5392

IMG_5413

And 3 girls ones for me and the my 2 schnauzers. 

IMG_5409

IMG_5411

IMG_5404

Since I was short on time and patience I rigged a stocking loop out of a drape ring.  I like it and it made the stockings go faster so it was a win win solution.

IMG_5417

You just push on the loop and it opens and then clamps shut on the stocking. 

So now the stockings are hung by the chimney with drape clamps and on the ladders too.  Now it’s time to clean the house, make the pies and go to a candlelight Christmas carol service.  Merry Christmas Eve!

sig

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails