Monday, May 9, 2011

Sunset Sunrise and Sun Flare Photo Party

The sun is getting warmer and the nights longer so it’s a great time to have a party that’s all about the sun.  I hope you all had fun getting some great shots and trying to get a sun flare shot. 

I took some engagement photos and family photos for one of my patients Saturday.  It was the first time to take engagement pics and they turned out well.  I was relieved.  I still get so nervous.  Anyway, the bride to be has 2 girls and the groom to be has 2 boys.  I tried to take a pic of them and get a sun flare.  It kinda worked. 

IMG_9736edit

Can you see the little bit of flare in the lower left hand corner?  Want to hear something creepy?  Sure you do.  I was suppose to take their photos at 1pm and I talked them into 7:30 because the sun wouldn’t be so harsh.  I am glad I did.  They pulled a body from the lake in the park where we took pics at 1:37pm that day.  Sad smile

Ok onto happier things.  I don’t have any sunrise pics.  I practiced the sun flare so much I didn’t have time to take new sunset pics, but I have 2 to share. 

I took this one in March.  There are not many natural trees in this area, but this is near a river bed (that is mostly dry) and the Cottonwood trees grow well here.

IMG_6363

This sunset was from our summer vacation last year in Siesta Key, FL. 

sunset1

sunset2

It was over casted all week and the last night I was finally able to get some sunset photos.  I miss walking along that beach. 

Remember the photo parties will be once a month.  Next month’s challenge is nature.  It can be a plant, animal, water, rocks, etc. 

sunphotoparty

Show me your sun photos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails