Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Simple Beauty With A Book and Fresh Flowers

Don’t you just love simple things that are beautiful?  My father in law gave me a ton of old books last year and a few had covers that were falling off so I didn’t feel bad removing them all the way. I added some twine and a key to one and it is looks so perfectly simple and pretty to me.

IMG_6143 copy_2edited-1_edited-1

I love how there is still some glue on the edge and it gives it texture and a little color. 

IMG_6147 copy_edited-1

IMG_6150 copy_edited-1

What could possibly make this look any better?  How about a mug of fresh green flowers?

IMG_6163 copy_edited-1

And maybe even a quote.

IMG_6165 copyquote

Georgia O’Keefe (famous artist) lived in Canyon, TX which is about 10 to 15 minutes from here.  My son and I spent the day there Saturday.  I got a pretty neat photo of  him at an old railroad depot.

IMG_6025bwpw

Speaking of photos…..don’t forget to link up to my Portrait Party going on right now until 6pm central Wednesday.  Get out your camera and snap some photos of your family and link them up here.

 

sig

Linking to

Make it Yours Day @ My Backyard Eden

Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails