Sunday, March 6, 2011

Side Table Redo. The One A Dog Ate.

The table is finished and looks better than I expected.  I showed some photos and talked about how my friend gave me a table that her daughter’s dog chewed on.  You can see that post here.

I used a DeGlosser, Mini Wax Walnut Stain and my Martha Stewart paint sample in Oolong Tea.  The finished piece got a coat Finishing Wax Paste on the top.

IMG_5499

I worked in the backyard with the wonderful sun shining down on me, but that sun made it hard for me to take photos. 

Here’s a before and after.

IMG_5484

The finish was worn so I easily sanded the top and then I lightly sanded the legs and used the DeGlosser on them. 

I applied the walnut stain to the top and painted the legs with my Martha Stewart Oolong Tea (green) paint.

IMG_5496 copy

Staining the top of the table was so fun and satisfying.  It’s the first time I have tried it.  I have seen it done many times by so many bloggers.  It is instant gratification I tell you. 

I was really worried about glazing this piece because I had so much trouble with my cubby shelf redo.  Which by the way won the CSI project green contest!  So I am really glad I stuck with it.  It pays to be determined. 

On the table I decided to use the stain for my glaze because well I am lazy and already had all the stuff out and because I thought it would match the top better. 

It worked like a charm.  The only draw back is it takes forever to dry in the little crevices.  I forgot to mention I sanded the edges of the legs a bit and the walnut stain really works well with the distressing.

IMG_5627

This is the table before the redo.

IMG_5482cewed

And after.

IMG_5630 copy-1 copy

IMG_5628 copy

IMG_5630 copy_edited-1

You can hardly tell the legs were chewed unless you look closely at them. 

Here is the chewed leg before.

IMG_5488 copy_edited-1

And after.

IMG_5517

I am going to call this project a success for sure.  Have you tackled a furniture redo that seemed impossible?  I would love to hear about it.

sig

Linking to

The DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Show Off

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch

Piece of Work Wednesday @ Primitive and Proper

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed’s Creations

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails