Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Flowers in an Egg Basket

011

Friday I drove past my house I sold 6 yrs ago and saw a garage sale.  I stopped and found a few items.  One was a wire egg basket that could collapse for 25 cents.  I was paying out and told the lady that I was the one that sold her the house.  She invited me inside to take a look!  I felt like I was on the show Property Ladder where you get to go back and see your old house.  She isn’t much of a homeowner she admitted.  I have noticed for over 2 years her garage is shoe polished with the words “Honk I am 40”  My son and I thought about changing the number every year so at least it was current.  Well she is selling the house and moving to Australia.  Since she was putting it on the market, she was making lots of changes inside.  It looked good and I was glad.  So back to the egg basket.

004

005

I thought it would make a great planter so I gathered some supplies and flowers.

003

I painted the basket black and lined it with moss.  I added soil and the flowers.   I chose red, white and blue flowers to honor the color of our flag and those that have fought and died  for our country.

015

016

017

Here is the finished project.  It can hang or sit.

007

008

009

I also bought this neat stand at the garage sale for about 50 cents for both of them.

019

012

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day. 

signature2

I am linking to

Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Anything Related Tuesday @ All Thingz Related

Trash To Treasure Tuesday @ Reinvented

Get Your Craft On @ Today’s Creative Blog

UndertheTableandDreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails